What is the APGT?
- The APGT (Association professionnelle des guides touristiques – chapitre de Montréal) is a not-for-profit volunteer organization, run by practicing professional licensed tour guides working within the city of Montréal.
- The APGT promotes, markets and networks the competence and integrity of the tour guiding profession. Various services for its members are organized including retraining, refresher courses, and conferences.
How do you identify an official APGT tourist guide?
- In addition to carrying their municipal City of Montréal permit, members of the APGT wear a personalized membership badge bearing their photograph and the APGT logo.
- Members also display a red identification triangle on the wind-shield of tour coaches and private vehicles. These triangles clearly identify that there is a licensed professionally trained Montréal tourist guide on board who is a member of the APGT.
- Visitors recognize these items, so do the merchants and city authorities, indicating once again that a licensed trained professional tourist guide who is member of the APGT is conducting a visit and/or orientation.
To book a professional tourist guide, please visit the following section “Hire a Guide”.